Sunday 5 July 2015

2015 KSCOPE - Always on Duty - UKOUG


I mentioned that this was a work based conference for me, funded by my employer, but our worlds all  run into one and I am of course representing UKOUG in all I do.

There were no formal user group meetings at Kscope, but on the Saturday, Mary Lou Dopart from Oracle who is responsible for the umbrella organisation IOUC, attended the Community Service Event and we spent a long time exploring what user groups could do around catering for the growing number of Cloud Application users. Look out for news over the coming months.

The Kscope Board who I know from my own experience, hardly have time to breath at conference, held an informal reception for visiting user group leaders on the Sunday evening, and it is always great to catch up with friends and share ideas.

Kscope does Hyperion, from Financial Close through Essbase and all the applications really well, and I am always keen to see how we can replicate that in our own Hyperion community. I spent time with one of our volunteers exploring this and with Rich Wilkie the keynote speaker from our event the week before. Both agreed the London Event was as step in the right direction.

I also talked to several Product Managers about what they have planned for UKOUG this December and I know we are going to have a great conference.

I mentioned it earlier, the gamification of Kscope with the UX Scavenger Hunt and I met with that team as the intention is to have its second outing at UKOUG, should be fun.

I also met with the wider UX team about their content in December, there is always so much support from this fun team and I'm looking forward to agenda launch to share some of it with you. Keep up with how our planning is going at www.ukoug.org/conferences2015

Back to main 2015 Kscope page


No comments: