Thursday 20 August 2015

2015 LAOTN - Making the Most of the Travel


I have learnt the hard way that it is worth putting a little effort into the travel plans to try and fit in experiencing the places we visit. As I mentioned in the travel post this year I was the 'baddie' and I am not sure Ronald Bradford will ever forgive me, and I have to agree that at 2am looking for a taxi in Lima I hated me too.

However I don't mind early or late starts if it means we can see things, but I may have put Tim Hall off for life. 


LAOTN 2015 South Tour

We started in Uruguay, Montevideo

Then we caught a 3 hour ferry straight after the UYOUG event across the river to Buenos Aires in Argentina.

We flew from Argentina after the AROUG event arriving in Sau Paulo, Brasil in the early hours of the morning.

After the GOUG event we actually stayed a night to enjoy the hospitality and then flew out really early in the morning the next day to Santiago, Chile.

The stay in Chile was our shortest and we left the same evening as the event with CROUG flying to Lima in Peru.

Then Tim and I did a quite visit to Machu Picchu before the long trek home.

Perhaps next time I'll plan a little easier itinerary. 




No comments: