Saturday 4 September 2010

Will I ever be Ready for Oracle Open World?

I love presenting, I love to share knowledge with people and if even just one person tells me afterwards they learnt from my presentation I am happy. So when I submit papers I am excited by the opportunity, and as I constantly talk about here in this blog I like to push myself to talk wider than my comfort zone. However Oracle Open World is unlike any other conference, there is so much going on and so many things I am involved in or want to catch I simply can't fit it all in.


   Last year I submitted 3 presentations and to my surprise but also great joy they were all accepted. Fujitsu asked me to repeat one in their Executive session and then I was asked to do a live SOA demo in a SIG and signed up for 2 unconference sessions. That is just too many. So this year I submitted just two and 1 unconference.

Again I am very honoured to have had both accepted and then I was asked to do another for Fujitsu as part of their Marquee Sponsorship. What I should do, is have one or two presentations and continuously update them, but I want to have fresh material and so decided to try something new. I have been speaking about the technology behind Fusion Applications, and how it relates to business. I have been looking at it from both the applications and technology angle, but this time I am trying it from the business side itself.

My first presentation on User Group Sunday is RE: S315685 - Stay Away If You Are Technical: This Is Oracle Fusion Middleware for Business 16:30 - 17:00 Moscone West L2 Room 2010; but this is not my first OOW duty. I have been asked to take part in a user panel for an Analyst Preview of Oracle Open World hosted by Software Insider and Altimeter Group.


Then on Monday its is S315677 - 42 Examples of Oracle Fusion Middleware in the Real World 11.00 - 12.00 Moscone West L3 Room 3018. Perhaps I am becoming a geek, some people have asked me how I will fit 42 examples into an hour and don't understand the reference to Hitchhikers Guide . Obviously I cannot cover 42 in the presentation and will be keeping to the Traditional 'Life, Universe and Everything', but I do intend to have a back up paper with the 42 examples listed.

Later the same day I have my third presentation S319349 -Safe Hands - What Do You Look For In a System Implementer.15:30 - 16:30 Moscone West L2 Room 2012. This presentation is a collection of case studies to back up the Fujitsu approach to customers.


On Thursday at 10am I have an Unconference session with my great friend Floyd Teter in the Lombard room Hotel Parc 55: Discussion Around What Fusion Applications Really Mean. It is also the morning after the night before and I have a VIP ticket this year, but I will be there.

Of course by then I believe Fusion applications will have been launched and I have the honour of introducing Steve Miranda's demo session on Tuesday (11am Moscone West L3 Room 3002)where I hope User group input into fusion will be acknowledged.

As I have no sessions to deliver on Wednesday I hope to get to the Closed World - oops there I go, being all geeky again.

No comments: