Saturday 29 October 2022

22 OCW Inoapps Oracle ME Award

My highlight of OCW22 was presenting our award winning My Contractor, a showcase of Oracle ME (My Experience).

Earlier this year Oracle launched Oracle MEpart of Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM, helps employers create supportive, tailored employee experiences that meet workers where they are and take them where they want to be.


Chris Leone Launches Oracle ME
Chris Leone launching Oracle ME

The platform has won several industry awards and Oracle are rightly proud of it and the difference it can make. If you missed the original launch you can see it here.

I'm not going to go into all the components, simply follow the Oracle link above, but I will comment on what I think it means for organisations using Oracle HCM.


Cloud Applications cannot be customised, and originally we felt that meant beyond configuration and personalisation you had to leave it alone.

#PaaS4Saas introduced the ability to extend the applications, build alongside the application and co-exist. More about this in the next post.

Oracle ME allows extensions for the application IN the application. It doesn't change the  security, but the way in which the end user interacts. A part of Oracle ME is Journeys that had been introduced a year before. Oracle asked me if I wanted to do a session for partners and I jumped at the idea. This was followed by a session for Customer Connect and several usergroup sessions.

So when the full platform was announced back in April and our own HRD said she wanted now! (Inoapps use Oracle SaaS) I issued a note of caution and gave a presentation internally about the maturity of the components and my excitement to use it. I love what I call 'mind the  Gap' , identifying where innovation is behind the marketing and how quickly are customers adopting. In on-premise days this could be years but with Cloud things happen much more quickly. Digital Assistants (another component of Oracle ME) being one of the  fastest I have seen.


So I started a proof of concept on Oracle ME and worked with our HCM practice especially Jen Mitchell who leads in the US on what we could do. We looked a few use cases and I presented at Breakthrough 4D and using the access to Product Development I have through the Oracle ACE program sat down and dug deep into the platform.

Then Oracle launched a partner competition, where the best partner showcases of Oracle ME would be promoted and presented at Oracle Cloud World. I have worked with oracle for 27 years and never seen a competition like this and I was in.

Inoapps saw the value, we wanted to use the capability and no doubt our customers would too. Digital Assistant, Journeys and HR Helpdesk are often included in projects so bringing them together with new functionality to give us this platform for extending the experience is a great opportunity. We brain stormed for our submission and decided on the Contractor Experience. Could the platform enable us to address some of the challenges we see with many customers who have a high reliance on Contractors?

The competition was based on the Dragons Den or Shark Tank model. We had to pitch initial idea to HCM Development and then to HCM Strategy. I knew we were on the right track when my 45 minute appointment during Breakthrough 4D with Nancy and Yvonne in Oracle Strategy latest almost 3 hours, discussing the use case and approach. The connection with product development continued as we worked on some of the  newer capabilities and slowly our solution came to life.

Now there was more to show we pitched to Oracle Field Sales group and then just six weeks before Cloud World we had a final pitch to a room full (or zoom screen full) of Oracle Execs across many disciplines. 

Then a few weeks later we were told we were a winner but to keep it quiet. I was so excited, whilst I led the project, Jen and her team of experts did the work and our marketing team worked on the assets. this was a real team effort. Now all we had to do was get ready for the big event.

I needed a short video for our booth, plus a walked through demo, and a 15 minute presentation. That doesn't sound a long time but it is actually more difficult to condense your message into a short presentation and even shorter video. But who doesn't like a deadline? I was in my element.


Oracle decided on 3 winners and we were acknowledged in Chris Leone's HCM keynote and received a lovely glass award. I got to present with Nancy in her session with almost 200 in the  room and streamed to an overflow room.



Our use case was to showcase our solution MyContractor but also the possibilities of the Oracle ME platform.

Then after presenting I worked with the Oracle UX team giving feedback on my use of the platform and my thoughts on adoption. This was followed up with a longer session with them when I got home.


Next we will give a full presentation for Customer Connect and produce content for the  Resource Centre.

Congratulations to the other winners.




No comments: