Wednesday 5 October 2022

Please Vote for ME - Give me a chance to make a difference

 

Last year I was elected to the board of ODTUG. I tried the year before but in such a popular and thriving community the choice of people to vote for is high.

Anyway, you voted for me, thank-you.

A few year's ago ODTUG changed their governance model so that board members had a term of 3 years, however it took a couple of years for that to filter in and so my initial term was only 12 months. That isn't a lot to make a difference, but I believe my fellow board members would say I bring board / user group experience and Oracle organization knowledge to the table.

This year KSCOPE happened, against the backdrop of coming out of Covid and the increasing costs at every turn. Did we get it right? Yes we did, everyone who attended got something out of KSCOPE.  

Every news bulletin talks about the cost of living and how people have to make tough choices, and we did, and it left us in the situation that we delivered KSCOPE and can continue to rebuild it. 

Could we have done better? Yes, we learnt tea and coffee were paramount and I promise whoever you vote for that is already sorted for next year. The conference committee and board are very clear on that. Members gave feedback and we have listened.

So I am asking for you to vote for me again. I want to continue to fulfil the pledges I gave last year and make a difference to ODTUG.

Again there are 6 good candidates, please look at them and decide who your valuable votes will go to. What is important to the the good running of the organisation; all the communities.




No comments: