Friday 30 December 2022

Ladies That Lunch


Well a different title than Women in IT. 

I want more women to have a voice, I want to encourage them in and into our industry but I am not about quotas. So when I was asked to take part in an ANDOUC Innovation by Women with Oracle Technology techcast panel in early December, my first thought was are they were struggling to find enough women in their own community?

ANDOUC is the Analytics and Data Oracle User Community, which I am very aware of but not my bailiwick, but as I was asked by the host and dear friend, Edelweiss Kammermann to take part, and I would never say no.


The idea was that the speakers, Maria Colgan, Jean Ihm (who replaced Melli Annamalai at the  last minute), Heli Helskyaho, Abi Giles-Haigh and myself would each talk about our Oracle highlight of the year. I didn't know Jean ior Melli before the techcast but I love the others and have spent lots of time with them over the years, and what a great time we would have together (including Jean and Melli), so have chosen to call this, ladies that lunch.

I spoke about how the applications benefit from the enhancements in the technology. You can see my portion here or the full playlist, well worth the watch, here.

It was such fun to do, both the prep and the actual techcast. And if I am invited again, I won't think twice.






No comments: