Saturday 9 August 2008

Getting excited about Oracle Open World

In about 6 weeks Oracle Open World begins and I am getting excited.

You can see at the top left of this page that there is a link to oracle.mix which is buzzing with OOW chats.


I am attending with a whole suitcase of hats - The master hat is UKOUG (the best user group in the world), but also other hats such as IOUC, as an Oracle ACE and an ACE Blogger, as a speaker and as Fujitsu! So when you are talking to me check which one I am wearing.

My presentations are:

* S301045, IOUC Updates as part of the EMEA User group Stream EOUC
Sunday 21-Sep-08 10:30-11:30 Moscone West Rm 2012

* S299953, Extending Oracle E-Business Suite with the Hyperion Acquisition,
Andy Seferta (Fujitsu) and Debra Lilley (Fujitsu)
Monday 22-Sep-08 14:30-15:30 Intercontinental Hotel Telegraph Hill

* S298374, 10 Things You Can Do Today to Prepare for Oracle Fusion Applications,
Nadia Bendjedou (Oracle) and Debra Lilley (United Kingdom Oracle User Group)
Monday 22-Sep-08 16:00-17:00 Moscone West Rm 2024


You can see that there is only 30 minutes between these last two presentations and they are not in the same building, so if you see me running (highly unlikely) through the streets of San Francisco - get out of the way!

I enjoy the whole experience of Open World but I warn you, spend time BEFORE planning what you will attend otherwise you will get caught up in the crowd and miss out.

The entertainment this year simply makes me feel old. I remember Red Red Wine being #1 from UB40 and it was played at my wedding disco!

I look forward to meeting up with lots of friends and with making new friends. Hope to see you there!

No comments: