Tuesday 1 November 2022

Oracle Cloud World 2022


I wasn't expecting to be a big fan of Oracle Cloud World but actually I am.

I loved Oracle Open World being in San Francisco and 2019 was my 16th consecutive Open World.

Just after 2019 OOW and way before Covid, Oracle had already announced that it was moving its annual event to Las Vegas.  The later announced this was going to be Oracle Cloud World so a very different event.

I tried to approach Las Vegas with an open mind, trying not to compare it with OOW but to see it as the first of a new era. My biggest concern is that I don't really like Vegas, I hate gambling and all it stands for and I have seen some pretty sad things in Vegas, not my idea of fun.

That all said Oracle pulled it out of the bag and I loved the event, for many different reasons, there were less people but everyone had a real reason for being there and so conversations were focus, I loved seeing people and I loved the buzz. Oracle say there were13,000 people in attendance, it felt more, but that may be down to the clever use of space.



I did attend the main appreciation event, old enough to know who the  Steve Millar Band are but I didn't stay long, too old to party all night!

Here are my main thoughts:

Main BOLD Messages
Inoapps on Tour
Oracle ACE Program
Partner Program
Extending Oracle Cloud Applications
Inoapps Oracle ME Award
Even the Travel


No comments: