Saturday 23 August 2008

Recognition



I am British and we are not very good at standing up and speaking about ourselves, it isn't about being shy, if you know me the last attribute you would use to describe me is shy, but I am typically British.

So by writing this you will be able to see just how excited and proud I am to say I am now an Oracle ACE Director.



The ACE Program is very sucessful and you may have seen my previous blog were I nominated the program for a Saatchi & Saatchi Lovemark accreditation, 'beyond brand' and it was granted the award.

It is managed by OTN and naturally was for technical evangelists, but technology is there to underpin the Applications so last year at Oracle Open World they extended the program to include Applications, and now 10 months later the first 4 Oracle ACE Directors for Applications and Applications Technology have been appointed.

My great friends Floyd Teter, Steve Romeo and Ron Batar who I dont know yet but hope to soon along with myself have had this honour bestowed on us.

What I love about the program is that we are nominated by our peers in recognition of our knowledge and evangelism around the Applications and this is what motivates me.

I want to thank UKOUG (the best user group in the world) for their sponsoring the work I do globally, for my employer Fujitsu for allowing me to and for the IOUC (where user groups come together) for electing me to lead the Product Development Committee, the single channel between Users Groups and Oracle for Fusion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Debra.

Well deserved. See you San Fran.

Sue.