Thursday 1 November 2012

UKOUG Partner of the Year Award




My first outing to a UKOUG event where I wasn’t part of it. Although to be honest I wouldn’t have had a big role, as a partner that would be a conflict of interest.

My first comment is the UKOUG office out did themselves the venue was excellent, the food great and the comedian funny.

It was great to see so many partners and the customer guests there and David Tweedle, VP Alliances from Oracle, proof again of the importance of our Partner Community.

Fujitsu had a table and it was a great evening. We received an award for Middleware but were unlucky  we didn’t receive awards for the other three categories we were shortlisted in, but our customers thought we deserved them and will help us encourage others to vote next year.

One disappointing thing on the night was the actual prize giving, I felt the comedian didn’t make it clear what awards he was giving out and mispronounced most of the names. You needed to go online the next day to find out all the information.

Me & Fiona
 One award I did hear was Fiona Martin who leads our Partner Forum won best dressed female, well done Fi. They should have given it to me but I can’t drink champagne so it would have been wasted.

It was an excellent night, everyone looked great and the photos can be seen on our facebook page

No comments: