Sunday 11 October 2015

My OOW2015 plans




I have a few rituals, and one is that I put all invites to events at OOW into an email folder and wait till a few weeks before to decide what I am going to do. Then I spend hours with a calendar spreadsheet working out what I can and can't do, making the trade offs and compromises.

Then when I arrive in San Francisco it normally gets thrown out of the window, but at least I have a plan. 

I leave 19th October and am not home till the 10th November!!!!

First up I have meetings at Redwood Shores on the 20th, on the Wednesday there is a User Experience Event and then Thursday and Friday there is the ACE Director briefings from our sponsors OTN, which are in fact the best part of the whole trip. I understand that despite his promotion Thomas Kurian is still spending time with us, which is my absolute top session.

Friday evening we move downtown and Saturday is my only day off. This year I am going out to Alcatraz again. Actually I don't have the whole day off, there is an Oracle Partner Event in the evening.

Sunday is User Group Day and I am up first, 8am on a Sunday, it does mean I miss the bridge run, but the registrations for my sessions are doing really well so I am looking forward to that. 

Forming Your Future: Upgrade/Migration to Oracle Fusion Applications/Oracle Applications Cloud [UGF3179]  - Sunday, Oct 25, 8:00 a.m. | Moscone South—307

I have meetings with new user group leaders from Australia prior to the EOUC big database session 

More Than Another 12 on Oracle Database 12c [UGF3190] - Sunday, Oct 25, 1:30 p.m. | Moscone South—306

Then a quick rush to the OTN lounge to make another video and then the opening keynote the ACE Dinner in the evening.

Monday starts with my 4th Swim in The Bay, and then I am meeting with analysts, and a few meetings with Oracle Executives to do with Certus customer implementations.

Lunch with Jurgen Kress who runs the best partner community. In the afternoon I am taking my turn hosting a PaaS4SaaS demo stand at the User Experience Expo. 

I hope to pop into both the Specialization reception and the OFM Community reception.

Tuesday starts really early with an analyst breakfast, then a series of meetings before our customer JT Global speaks which I really want to attend.

What Does It Take to Make Oracle HCM Cloud Work? The JT Story [CON9059] - Tuesday, Oct 27, 12:15 p.m. | Palace—Presidio 

I currently have a quiet afternoon (that won't last) before a couple of receptions and then a UK & Ireland partner dinner. I hope to get chance to pop into OakTable World and alternative deeply technical side event to OOW. 

Wednesday I am giving a quick 20 minute session on PaaS4SaaS in the OTN lounge, an Executive lunch and then the Oracle Women's Leadership afternoon. I attended 2 years ago and it was amazing.

The bloggers meet up is a great OOW tradition before queueing for the buses out to the appreciation event and the opportunity to hear Elton John who I have seen before at OOW although last time it was out at the Cow Palace not not the more OOW Treasure Island.


Thursday morning there are a number of sessions I want to catch before I fly off for a few days before returning for another San Francisco Event - this time with my favourite analyst Ray Wang and his Constellation Connected Enterprise Conference  Every year he invites me but I can't justify coming back to San Francisco, this time with OOW being a month later, it is possible.

So as ever so much going on, and it will change and get even busier. And if I find myself with spare time I wonder where I should be? But I wouldn't have it any other way.









No comments: