Thursday 15 October 2009

The Proud Fathers

I can finally talk about Fusion. I have received the following email from Oracle

Hi Debra - the NDA for blogging about Fusion Apps is lifted. Here are some screen shots -

So it would be wrong not to share them with you

I had intended not to blog until I have thought about what to say more thoroughly but the announcements today was what I have been waiting for a long time. I am as I have said before privileged to be a part of the process so there was nothing today I had not seen but I had not been able to share that with you.

What I enjoyed most was the beaming smiles on the faces of Steve Miranda and Chris Leone, proud fathers finally getting to share their offspring with the world. I have been big critics of the insistence of waiting for the right time and I am not sure if they waited longer than necessary but now it is out we can talk about what it means to software users.









Today in a presentation I asked if people remembered \Navigate from the old EBS 10.7 days, I looked back at it nostalgically but we really were laughing about how archaic it seemed, well in years to come we will say that about silo'd applications. The integration story from Oracle culminating in Fusion Apps, is not the software of the future it is here today.


So if you have questions come along tomorrow morning and hear from 3 Fusion Apps Geeks who have had their NDA lifted about 'how we can't wait till Fusion Apps are here' or should I say we can't wait until they are General Availability. Find us in the Unconference (the best OOW sessions) next to the OTN lounge at 10am. I will be joined by 2 very special friends Floyd Teter of ORCLville and Basheer Khan

3 comments:

tobyprice said...

it's about time someone commented! ;-)
From a non-techie, business intelligence perspective, it looks as if we are beginning to see the 'fusion' of knowledge portals, transactional self-service, BI dashboards and workflow. Long overdue!

Faisal Ghadially said...

Debra,
Thanks for a compelling overview of Fusion Applications.The screenshots speak volumes. Wish we could have spent more time talking about this at OOW.
Faisal.

Faisal Ghadially said...

Debra,
Thanks for a compelling overview of Fusion Applications.The screenshots speak volumes. Wish we could have spent more time talking about this at OOW.
Faisal.