Saturday 5 July 2008

Lovemarks and Oracle

Bit worried about the title, and initially i was worried about putting lovemarks into goggle, but it is a proper term.

Lovemarks is a concept created by Saatchi and Saatchi CEO Kevin Roberts and the idea behind his books that lovemarks transcend brands, owned by the people.

At this years Institute of Directors annual convention in London I was privileged to hear Kevin speak, he is so passionate about this that Saatchi and Saatchi have patented the lovemarks concept and host a website lovemarks.com where people can nominate lovemarks that have the criteria suggested in their lovemarks profile

So am I going to nominate Oracle as a lovemark? No even I am not that sad but I think the Oracle ACE program is an excellent example of a lovemark.




At ODTUG when Oracle ACEs were asked what made them want to be part of it, the answers were all about passion, respect, access to Oracle to learn more and sharing their experiences with others. One suggested attribute I could not attribute to the ACE program was intimacy but then I haven’t met all the ACEs!

So I have nominated the program, lets see if Saatchi and Saatchi think this qualifies.

No comments: