Monday 26 September 2016

My OOW16 - Write Up


It's a wrap! Or at least I am home. Oracle Open World usually means I come home with a very long to do list.

I flew out to San Francisco the Monday before OOW and the journey was great apart from having to wait almost an hour for the shuttle bus to the hotel. After 18 hours travelling you do just want to get to the hotel. However I love the Sofitel, they do have the most comfortable mattresses ever and after the French Onion soup I had been craving since I left Heathrow, I slept wonderfully.

I don't do jet lag, but I was up at 3am, since the boss rang me for something without remembering where I was, and I hadn't switched my phone to silent. Still 'I love my job' and I soon went back to sleep.

Tuesday started slow but coffee with Maria Colgan was a great 'first up' and at this end of the week she wasn't too stressed by the OOW preparation. She told me about her new role taking over from Tom Kyte who has announced his retirement, however she is leaving the 'Ask Tom' to Connor & Chris who are doing such a good job.



Technically I had four sessions although 2 were my #EOUCDBAs.

Then immediately after Lonneke and I gave our #PaaS4SaaS session which we really enjoyed. It was rather a last minute entry and we only put it together whilst at HQ the Thursday before.

The highlight of my presentations was the England Rugby & Certus story about their journey to Cloud Applications.

But as usual I have broken the story down into a number of posts to keep your attention:

See you next year


No comments: